To celebrate the forthcoming Spring season I have created a super simple and really robust asparagus soup recipe that is only 5 ingredients. This is really a soup-er easy recipe ha!
Springtime Sunshine Lemony Asparagus Soupby Jenniferlyn Kryvicky, MSci. Cand., MBA, CINHC, CFSP
Functional Nutritionist at Shine Total Health, LLC.
- 1 bunch of thin asparagus, woody ends removed
- 1 carton of organic vegetable broth
- 1/3 C Bristol Cream or other cooking Sherry
- 1 Lemon
- 3/4 C Raw Cashews
- Boil asparagus until cooked, reserving water
- In Vitamix or other high speed blender add cooked asparagus with ~ 1/2 Cup of reserved water to 1 carton of organic vegetable broth and blend on High until well incorporated
- Add in 1/3 C of Sherry and 3/4 C raw cashew and blend on high until steam starts to come through the top of the mixer
If you do not have a Vitamix, or other high speed blender you can use a normal blender then transfer the blended asparagus/broth/water mixture to a bot and cook the sherry into it. If you do not have a Vitamix, I would omit the cashews and instead add in ~ 1/3 C coconut milk or heavy cream if not vegan to add the creamy consistency.